Monday, November 26, 2018

November 14 Que Rollo con el Pollo?

So, this week was such a special one. JORGE got baptized and it was such a cool thing to be a part of. He asked me to baptize him and I felt so honored to do so. It was kind of funny, when he went to go under, he didnt bend his knees, and almost hit his head on the wall because of that. I had to make a super sick reflex save, and he just barely didnt hit. But because of my ninja like reflexes, his hand didnt go under, and we had to do the ordenece again. But its all good. the other little girl is named Angela, and its Jorge´s cousin. She is only 8 years old and her mom is a member so the bishop is in charge of her baptism. So when we told the bishop about Jorges baptism, he suggested that we call Angela to see if she wanted to be baptized as well, which she did. So they got baptized together, and she asked the bishop to baptize her. It warms my heart, because both of them are such sweet kids and were so excited. There were lots of tears. Im happy I got to be an instrument in the lords hand.

We also had zone conference this week. Which meant going and staying several days in Piedras Negras. Which all went very well. We stayed with Elder Schulthies and Elder Garcia, and Shulthies is one of my brother in the mission. He has also become one of my best friends here as well, so we ended up staying up, and talking and having some spiritual discussions, and just talking about life as a whole. Which was awesome. We also went to this super nice restaurant called Tierra Santa, which was some of the best food Ive had in the past year, hands down. We had some really cool steak tacos, and man. Food can change lives. I also cut onions, and cried a lot

This week I also finished the book of Mormon in Spanish. And I can share with full confidence, that that book is the word of God. There is no other book more powerful or imporant here on the earth. I wish to add my testimony to the many Prophets who have testified of its wonder and truths, I testify that it is the most correct book on the planet. And through reading it, any person can come to know their savior better. It has power to change your life, as it has mine. I have felt of the testifying power of the spirit too many times to every deny that book. I declare it is true. And I invite all to read it, ponder its message and ask of God to know of its truth. It will bringer greater Joy and Peace into your lives.

I want to express my love for all of you. I had to retype this message super fast. I hope you all enjoy it as well as the pictures. Have a great week!

Elder Smith










No comments:

Post a Comment