Monday, November 26, 2018

November 19,The Primary program melts my heart

The primary program this week actually melted my heart and it was just so cute. Reminded me of my little primary class from two years ago and all the cute little kids from the ward back home. It was just sweet. And also, 3 of my converts were in it, which also just made me so happy to see them taking those steps forward. My last Sunday in my home ward was the primary program, and I remember thinking to myself, "that was little the greatest way to leave for my mission", And now with this one as well, I'm just reminded of the words or Jesus to the Nephite people,

38 Y otra vez os digo que debéis arrepentiros, y ser bautizados en mi nombre, y volveros como un niño pequeñito, o de ningún modo heredaréis el reino de Dios. 

And as I copied that I realized it was in Spanish, for which I apologize, but I don't want to look it up in English. But it says we must become as a little child to inherit the kingdom of God. And its so true. When we can learn from our young ones, life is different. We are better disciples and we are more obedient to the father. So just a great program. 

So fun story. My whole mission, I have had the goal to eat an habanero pepper. Which are very very spicy. So last night, with Elders Pinedo, Sabey and Croxall, we each entered the pain zone together. And oh my word. It hurt way more than I was expecting. My body was leaking from my whole face. Like let me just tell you. It was so spicy. We went through a lot of ice cream, and so much pain. There was a lot of screaming, and some unpleasant Burps. But all of us passed the test. And my Spanish improve from the pain. They say if you want to speak Spanish, you have to eat chile. I am a witness of this promise.

I received this super awesome Aztec blanket from a member a few months ago, But I never sent a picture. Its one of the prized possession that I have received on the mission. Its sooo cool.

Well I just wanted to give this little update. I love you all so much. Thanks for the letters and support.

For Chloe,
Prettiest thing I saw this week, We made some American Hamburgers in the house. Gorgeous.
best thing I ate, The hamburger again. Or we got brownies again. Super yum
I got the biggest smile at the Primary program. I teared up a little. 
A challenge I over came, was the chile. And Now I wont do it again. (:
What I miss most, Christmas at home (which for us smiths starts in November)

Love, 
Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment