Monday, November 26, 2018

November 26 ¡¡¡¡¡¡OAXALOTA!!!!!

I invite you all to just try and pronounce that word (Ill give the answer at the bottom of the page). TURKEY DAY!!!! This has been a fantastically amazing wonderfully awesome week. I'm just so grateful to be alive and to be serving a mission! But among being so grateful for all my many blessings, it my joy I left my camera at home. So quick apology for the lack of photos. There will be many the follow week. So STAY TUNED!

Well I had some people comment asking if we had a thanksgiving dinner. And the answer is not only did we have one. But we had an amazing thanksgiving dinner with the Elders from Zaragoza out in their area with their neighbor who is awesome. It was an amazing meal, where we got to enjoy the holiday, and just talk with some really awesome people. So I stay happy and thankful for everything. 

To jump right into it, we have another firm fecha(baptismal date). Her name is San Juanita, she is someone that Elder Reyes and I actually found together, but she wasn't ready at the time. And now she has moved back in with her parents and now has come to church with us. We taught her in the week, and she was so focused and when we extended the invitation to her to be baptized on the first, she told us it was her birthday and how that would be the perfect day to do it. It was such a sweet experience. The spirit was so strong. As the week went on, we had a family home evening with them and some family members of her who are members, and then we got a call that they were in Muzquiz because an uncle had passed away. So we had to reschedule. But as we prayed and fasted, I worried a little about not having anyone in church, because the other we are working with, arent progressing very fast. And then Sunday morning, and young member had brought his non member friend named Gustavo. It was awesome to see that tender mercy in our lives, and now we have someone else to work with as well. Which is awesome.   

We also had an amazing Sunday, where we had this great meeting for missionary work in the ward, as well as we made goals as a ward for for the work should be done. So we have some pretty high goals, and should be finding all of our new people through members from here on out. Which is such a relief, because knocking random doors doesn't work the best, and can be uncomfortable and awkward. but We will still do that, but more focused on members from now on. 

Elder croxall and I have been working really well together as of late. As he is about to finish up his training, I left him make most of the decisions, which sometimes he doesn't like, but he has grown so much in the time. Its been really cool to see the long term growth of someone you live with. Hes a great guy.
 
For Chloe, my favorite thing this week had to of been working with San Juanita. the way she lights up when we talk about the gospel just makes me happy. I love watching the spirit work with people in front of me. last night as well, Elder Sabey and I called someone from Muzquiz named Amalia, who we had been working with for a very long time while I was there. She ended up getting baptized and we talked with her last night to see how everything is going and to encourage her. And she is such a new person and keeps asking up about the process to go on a mission. She is determined to serve one even though her mom isn't a member and doesn't completely support her. She is such an example to me. I'm grateful to of gotten to know her. 
The biggest smile this week was probably at a ward activity, where elder Croxall and I got to play some musical chairs. And well, I lost. But it was super fun. I had such a big smile on my face while playing and even after.
The weather here has actually been super nice. I still wear a sweating because I'm a baby, but nice.

Well I promise I will send pictures next week. But I love you all so much. I hope you all have an amazing week. And this Saturday, Find a way to serve for the worldwide day of service!

Elder Smith


*prounciation: Oaxalota= Wah-ha-low-tah

No comments:

Post a Comment